Taking your products and services to market today requires astute planning across many channels. We can help you assess your market, your competitors, and where your customers are - so you can reach them the way they search, engage, and buy.
Our strategic planning services include:
- market research
- market segmentation
- customer persona development
- competitive / swot analysis, and
- portfolio / product planning.
We also recommend incorporating balanced scorecards to help identify, plan, assess and measure key performance metrics across all the functional areas in an organization.
Many companies already have developed their high level strategy, but are looking for a partner to help them execute the digital facets of their strategy. We can work with you in the way that best suits your organization.
It all starts with your value chain. The set of industry specific major business processes you perform in order to market, sell, create, build, deliver, service and get paid for your products and services. Some companies have already created their value chain – it’s a great tool to communicate what you do to employees, vendors, and sometimes clients .
We use the value chain to start to discover (with you) how all the functions in your organization need to participate in the development of a new business channel. Even if the initiative is being led by marketing or sales – every main functional area will be impacted – and every functional area needs to be in the planning phase.
We then jointly develop the Digital Business Framework, including:
- the digital business channel goals and inbound marketing roadmap (including digital content marketing and social media)
- the high level business processes of the new channel - across marketing, sales, engineering, manufacturing, distribution, service, and finance
- the package / software solutions to help you deliver these processes
- the operating model
- the organizational model
We purposely do this hand in hand with package selection - using the software to help re-engineer business processes - so that we can maximize speed to market.
Software today is so smart. We can say that because we’ve been implementing package software solutions in large enterprises and small businesses for over twenty years.
Our philosophy is to choose open source and commercial software as much as possible, and limit custom development if possible. There are many reasons for this, but the main ones being: speed to market; speed to react to market demands; and speed to upgrade - so your business keeps running smoothly.
To build out digital channels across your value chain, we select and implement as needed:
- Marketing Automation Solutions
- Content Management Systems
- E-Commerce Solutions
- Social Media Solutions
- Intranet/ Knowledge Management Solutions
- Integration Solutions (through our partners or your own team)
We’ll choose the right package / software for your needs. We do have a preferred set of software solutions that meet the needs of our most of our clients. Many are open source, some are software as a service, and a few are purchased licenses.
See our technology solutions page for a list of our preferred packages / software.
Developing a new business channel will have an organizational impact.
- marketing will create engaging content, campaigns, and nurture leads
- sales will educate and discuss ideas with customers online - and collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and services to facilitate buying
- engineering / manufacturing / distribution will help generate technical content and expertise for customer buying decisions
- services will create self-serve models or serve customers online, and
- finance will integrate pricing and billing into the process
We focus on four main areas in this sea of change:
- defining key process changes
- defining key functions and roles – including new hires.
- helping to train people to do these new roles
- creating internal knowledge sharing and collaboration platforms (and in many cases - leveraging existing ones that have never been used)
And if your organization doesn't have the people to to fulfill these roles, we provide managed services to fulfill these functions so your business can run smoothly.