Three Contenders For Growing Businesses –
WooCommerce, Shopify, & BigCommerce
Customers around the world are buying more and more online. There is an ever-growing need for reliable and powerful eCommerce solutions. When it comes to choosing an eCommerce platform for a growing business, three of the most popular and powerful options are WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce. They offer different features, benefits, and drawbacks. In this article, we will compare them based on five key factors:
- Size of your business
- Ease of use
- Plugins required
- Integration with nventory management systems
Size of Business
- WooCommerce is an eCommerce platform that is best suited for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a great choice for businesses that require more control over their online store and also want to customize their store without the hassle of coding. From my perspective, it works for both Business to Consumer and Business To Business. Because it is integrated in WordPress, it works especially well when long form blog posts include links to specific products discussed in an article. But, it is not the right product for companies that have thousands of SKU’s.
- Shopify is an eCommerce platform that is designed for businesses of all sizes. It is an ideal solution for entrepreneurs who are just starting out or established retail businesses that need a robust online presence. It is also an excellent choice for businesses that want to quickly set up and launch their online store. From my perspective Shopify excels in the Business To Consumer market. It’s native integration with media channels, google shopping make it an ideal platform for the retail market.
- BigCommerce is an eCommerce platform designed for businesses of all sizes that may require more features and customization options. It is a great choice for businesses that need a powerful and scalable platform to quickly set up an online store. From my perspective, this is the right product for Business To Business companies. It has strong inventory management functionalities that are simple and elegant for companies that have complex products.
Ease of Use
- WooCommerce requires some technical knowledge to set up and manage. While it may be a bit more difficult to use than Shopify or BigCommerce, once you get the hang of it, it can be a very powerful and flexible platform.
- Shopify is one of the easiest eCommerce platforms to set up. It offers an intuitive user interface that makes setting up and managing an online store very easy. It has a wide range of features andplugins that make running an online store simple and efficient.
- BigCommerce is a powerful platform that is easy to use. It offers an intuitive user interface, a wide range of features, and plugins that make running an online store very simple.
- WooCommerce requires plugins to be installed for it to extend it’s functionality – but there is a plugin for everything – and they are easy to find.
- Shopify does not require any plugins to be installed for it to work. It offers a wide range of plugins available that can give you more functionality and customization options.
- BigCommerce does not require any plugins to be installed. It also offers a wide range of plugins that can give you more functionality and customization options.
Integration with Inventory Management Systems
- WooCommerce does not offer integration with inventory management systems. However, there are many plugins available that can help you integrate with other systems.
- Shopify has it’s own Inventory Management solution called Stocky that’s included in the Shopify POS Pro. And it has an API that allows for easy integration with other systems.
- BigCommerce has inventory management as part of it’s core functionality. It also has an API that allows for easy integration with other systems.
- WooCommerce is a free open-source platform, but you need to pay for hosting, a domain name, and other essential services. The cost of these services will depend on the size of your business and the features you need.
- Shopify offers a variety of plans ranging from $29 to $299 per month. It also offers an enterprise plan that can be customized to meet the unique needs of each business. It has a 14-day free trial so you can give it a try before committing to a plan.
- BigCommerce offers a range of plans ranging from $29.95 to $249.95 per month. Additionally, it offers a 15-day free trial so you can give it a try before committing to a plan.
- All prices are in USD
When it comes to choosing an eCommerce platform, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce each offer unique features, benefits, and drawbacks. Ultimately, the best eCommerce platform for your business will depend on your individual needs and budget.